Can you believe that the hamburger bread doesn't contain any carbs at all?
I couldn't believe it when I found this 'Oopsie Bread' recipe made out of just three ingredients.
That's why I had to try it!
When I first saw this recipe on DietDoctor I thought this is just too good to be true! No wonder that this 'Oopsie Bread' recipe is really in trend right now being probably one of the best low-carb bread options. You can use it as a sandwich or use it as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. I tried to put different kinds of seeds on them before baking. I wanted make a hamburger that's why I used sesame seeds, but I'm preatty sure that all kinds of seeds work just fine. You can be really creative with this recipe it can be eaten in a variety of ways.
You only need three ingredients for this recipe!
3½ oz. (100 g) cream cheese
½ teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt and pepper
HOW IT'S MADE
1. Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
2. Whip egg whites together with salt and pepper until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
3. Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well.
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
5. Use parchment paper on your baking sheets to prevent sticking. Spray with cooking oil.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
For those who are looking for a healthier alternative to, perhaps the most popular food 'bread', I really suggest trying this recipe! It is a good alternative for those who want to lose weight or those of you who are on a low carb high protein diet. The good news is, that with this recipe we can eat bread without feeling guilty! I think that they taste great for a bread substitue!
If you try this recipe, tell me if you like it!
Leave a comment with your favorite hamburger filling!