THE STORY BEHIND THE FOOD
I have a friend named Lili. She is not only 'a friend in need is a friend indeed', but she would also give you the last shirt she has as well as a winter coat so you won’t be cold! I could actually say that Lili is sort of an angel.
And if you have at least one friend like Lili, then you are a very lucky person!
Now, my Lili recently found herself a new passion, which is; TUPPERWARE! Yes, exactly! That Tupperware that launched their first bowl called the 'Wonderlier Bowl” in 1949 (thats 66 years ago), finally arrived in Romania! I was joking around with Lili that there is a very easy solution to save human kind, in case the apocalypse would come. People should move to Romania, because here the apocalypse would surely arrive 66 years later.'
Anyways, Lili gave me her latest discovery; Tupperware® 101 MicroGourmet. This 'magical toy’ prepares your food, almost by itself in just 25 minutes. No way, you would say! I assure you it's true! But like every magic, it has side effects. And all of a sudden everyone wants their money back. Like any Tupperware product, this one is prepared in the microwave. Now, everybody jumps around about cancer and vitamins. Who never ever used this diabolical device named 'the microwave', can throw the first stone. Thought so.
Therefore, because I am very curious by nature, and I love Lili, lets also take a look at the good sides of this #smartsteamer.
It’s a ‘fat-free’ method, that runs on steam. Because the food is steamed, the prepared aliments keep their quality and the vitamins don’t get destroyed, compared with boiling and frying. We still found some positive things.
I made salmon with pears, or better said, Tupperware® 101 MicroGourmet made it for me, whilst I could finally continue reading my new book.
Thank you for that.
This ‘charmed bowl’ is not allowed to miss from your kitchen:
- If you are always on the run (like my mother) and need to impress your guests on the spot with a fast and very tasty meal
- If you’ve just started a diet in which you have to avoid fat of every kind
- If you’re not afraid of the ‘capitalist oven’
- If you’d rather read a book while somebody else cooks for you
1 bundle of lovage
3 small red potatoes
2 pears Williams /Packams
1 red onion
1 lbs salmon
1 tsp mustard seeds
Mix of green herbs
Pepper and sea salt
HOW IT'S MADE
1. Pour water in the Water Tray. Add mustard seeds, the bundle of lovage, two slices of lemon, sea salt and pepper.
2. Place the potatoes, pears, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant and onion in colander tray in the steamer base and place it on top of the water tray. Season all with salt and pepper.
3. Place the salmon in the colander tray on top of the steamer base. Season salmon with mix of green herbs, salt, pepper and mustard seeds. Cover and place it in the microwave and heat on 900 W for about 20 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
4. Remove from microwave and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This is so easy!!!